Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Final day of Berlinale - about awards: Bears and in general..

So finally Berlinale 2012 came to an end..


~ Berlinale 2012 ~

Very quick a little bit about another film which was showed during "Berlinale Special":



THE LIFE AND DEATH OF COLONEL BLIMP (UK, 1943)

A Powell and Pressburger film (love their films) - with Deborah Kerr and my beloved Anton Walbrook - I guess I don't have to tell you about the story or anything else about this film which was dubbed "the English answer to CITIZEN KANE"..


So right back to Berlinale:

Yesterday the Berlinale awards - the Berlinale Bears -  were given to the awardees - except for the Honorary Golden Bear for Meryl Streep: she  received her award in a special gala before..


I think the Berlinale awards are very cute:



I won't write much about the awards (and awardees) - because frankly I do not care too much for awards. I love those shows - and I enjoy all those featured films around "award season".. I accept that awards are very nice gesture. And I think that it might be wonderful for the winners to finally receive a feeling of being appreciated and loved (or their work - if they can divide that from another) - but I really don't think that an artist becomes a better artist because a bunch of people says so. Though: I like Honorary awards - those awards for life's work.. I know I might be not logical in your point of view..


~ James Mason and Judy Garland in A STAR IS BORN (1954) ~


Awards just don’t mean so much to me. It’s no difference to me whether an actor has an Academy Award or not. I either like them/their performances or not. Yes, of course I am happy for the actors who I like  to receive an award – it means that a small group of people think they did a good performance. How nice for everyone to know that he/she is appreciated – and of course for an actor it means he/she will get “better” parts – and very likely better payment. But if one actor gets an award – and another not: Is the one who don’t receive one a not so good or maybe even a bad actor?



And how often did you read/hear somewhere that an actor received an award this year because last year his work wasn't awarded? 

...

Don't we all know one or more actors/ actresses whose work we adore - and who never won an Academy Award? 

...

If you're interested you can read about all the awardees of Berlinale here.


Have my favourite Award picture:

~ Joanne Woodward and her Oscar - Paul Newman and his Noscar.. ~

We'll see whether I will post again next year about Berlinale again..

Thank you very much for listening,


Yours


 Irene

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar