Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Something Missing

It's six at night and I'm setting the alarm clock for 4:30 a.m. I should be writing but nothing is flowing--not even shoddy stuff. I call my charmers, who are visiting Denise's parents, and they are doing well. Little d puts me on the speaker phone and I talk to Ava for a few prized minutes, enough to say the bedtime prayer that my mom taught me: In my little bed I lie. Heavenly Father hear my cry. Lord protect Ava Elyse through the night. Bring her safe to morning light. Amen. God bless everybody. A few more words then I say goodnight.

Damn, I miss them.

I order season three of ARCHER on my Kindle Fire and watch the episode with Burt Reynolds. Funny as H-E-double-hockey-sticks. After, I read a chapter of Charles Bukowski's WOMEN but I don't feel like reading. Not Hank's fault, I'm just read out for the day. A magazine on the stand features Rihanna on the cover. I like her. Pretty face and a helluva voice. Looks like she's starring in a movie and I wonder why so many singers try their hand at acting? The natural evolution of pop stardom?

I haven't checked my book sales in awhile. Is there a chance I've sold a few zillion titles and can pack it in and travel to my girls?

Nope. 

I've sold a little over a thousand in twenty-one days. Not bad but considering I get thirty-five cents a book, I'll keep the day job. No complaints, mind you. Just reality.

Maybe I'll watch another episode of Archer.

I hope your weekend is going well. I'd love to hear what everybody is doing.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar