Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fabulous Friday - Style File

First let me say THANK YOU. Thanks for being supportive and encouraging and kind. Thank you for coming to visit my silly little blog. The fact that you do, leaves me equal parts thankful and baffled.

 Today I wanted to share with you a project of mine. This is my style file.

 For some reason it has taken me years to really figure out what my style is and even now I don't always keep it in mind the way I should when I am shopping. I'm trying to change that, to remind myself that just because something is on sale doesn't mean I need to buy.

I'm trying to remember to ask myself "is it flattering on me?" and "is it truly my style?" and when I find something on sale that I'm tempted to buy I always ask myself if I would still want it if it were full price. If the answer is no, then I leave without it.


Whether it relates to decorating or fashion, I find that putting together pictures of what I love helps me narrow down my true style. Somehow my style file also inspires me to be healthier and take better care of myself. Probably because I want to look as good as the women pictured do in these clothes.


This was an easy project done with items I had on hand. I used empty file folders, stacked them on top of each other, poked four holes in the middle of the crease and used bakers twine to bind them together. All that was left to do after that was start cutting and pasting kindergarten style. Try it. It's liberating to get in touch with your inner child.


I think you will be amazed at how this process will help you see your true style. If you want to take it a step further, I highly recommend the book Style Statement by Carrie McCarthy and Danielle LaPorte. It is a soul searching workbook that will have you examining all aspects of your life and will help you discover your authentic self. Oh my stars. I've become a self help book.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar